ICK Dans Amsterdam is an international dance platform and Amsterdam's city contemporary dance company. With a diverse team, we create dance performances, support young artists and develop research projects. ICK received prestigious awards and has toured all over the world for the past 20 years.
In September 2021, we moved to the iconic Westbeat building, giving us a presence in the city as Space for Dance Art and having our own theatre studio and workshop spaces for our company. From our new building, we work to create an inclusive community of artists, companies and academics who feel connected to ICK. Diversity is the starting point; we believe that differences between people and cultures are at the heart of a creative process.
ICK is looking for:
a full-time 1st theater stage manager with specialization Sound/AV (x/m/f)
As 1st theatre stage manager, you are responsible for the coordination and technical preparation and execution of all ICK Amsterdam productions at home and abroad. You will work in a small team together with a full-time lighting technician.
What will you do?
- Preparing, creating and archiving performance and files for rehearsals and performances at home and abroad.
- Building up and breaking down all the theatre technology required for performances.
- Operating the video/sound equipment during performance.
- You provide support for the young makers.
- Maintaining all technical installations in the building.
- Managing and, if necessary, repairing equipment and maintaining storage space.
- Carrying out preparatory work for the realisation of productions.
What makes this a joyful job?
- You will be working in an open organisation that is always developing, your input and creativity is appreciated
- You have a lot of freedom and can shape your job independently.
- You will work on diverse and various projects. From in-house community events to high-profile international and/or touring productions
- We work from Westbeat, a state-of-the-art workplace
- Due to our own ensemble, you will work in an international and inclusive working environment and learn a lot from and about other cultures
- Attractive terms of employment such as travel allowance, a year-end bonus, your own laptop, a development budget and 27 days' holiday
- Last but not least: ICK is very easy to reach by any form of transport (e.g. right next to Lelylaan station)
What makes us a good match?
- You have at least MBO+/HBO working and thinking level, affinity with performing arts and several years of relevant experience;
- You are enthusiastic, responsible and willing to work irregular hours, mostly at weekends. Sometimes you also work abroad.
- You have social and communicative skills and a healthy sense of humour.
- You are well-organised, but also have the ability to improvise.
- You have knowledge of safety in the field of rigging, décor, special fx and flammable materials.
- You have a good written and oral command of the Dutch and/or English language.
- You are eager to learn and keep your knowledge up to date.
- You can work both independently and in a team.
- You have knowledge of QLAB 5
- You are at home in electronics, data network and Wysiwyg CAD software.
You preferably live in (the neighborhood of) Amsterdam and have a driving licence.
ICK subscribes to the Diversity and Inclusion Code and aims to reflect society as an organisation. Our doors and vacancies are expressly open to everyone. We believe that a multitude of perspectives contributes to curiosity, creativity and social awareness.
ICK Dans Amsterdam naturally treats the information you share with us confidentially.
Something for you?
For more information about the position or if you aim to apply directly, please contact Israël Del Barco, reachable at firstname.lastname@example.org